When selling a business, owners can only obtain the best possible price and deal terms if their company is ironclad when going to market. Otherwise, either deals die or take too long to close, and unexpected adverse events give a buyer the upper hand. Proper preparation, professional presentation, and the ability to reach qualified strategic and financial buyers are critical to deal success. Our M&A advisory team has a proven track record of selling companies over decades and throughout a variety of economic conditions, and our transaction advisory professionals have executed hundreds of due diligence mandates.
Our transaction and M&A professionals collaborate during the preparation phase to identify and address critical issues that can affect a deal. Together, they help resolve business concerns proactively, position EBITDA adjustments favorably and strengthen the credibility of financial and business information. As a result, re-trade opportunities are effectively reduced, offers are based on information that will withstand buyer due diligence, time to close is frequently decreased and value increased.
To promote the achievement of optimum value and enhance the likelihood of a successful transaction, we lead a confidential, competitive sale process during which our teams:
- Perform a comprehensive business review.
- Address issues and opportunities to enhance value and certainty to close.
- Position the business to attract the best buyers.
- Develop marketing materials and financial models.
- Conduct buyer research and marketing.
- Evaluate and negotiate offers.
- Promote closing within an agreed-upon deal timeframe with formal milestones and deadlines.
- Provide expert advice on value, structure, terms, process, quality of buyer and certainty to close.
Selling a business is much more than a financial transaction – it’s a life-changing decision. Once owners decide to sell the company they’ve built, they deserve to realize maximum value and favorable terms from the right buyer. To help our clients achieve these vital goals, we provide:
- An accomplished team of M&A professionals, adept at identifying the intricacies and unique qualities of a business, and then conveying its growth potential to buyers.
- Vigorous marketing of the company, performed discreetly to safeguard brand and confidentiality.
- Impact-producing marketing materials that accentuate the company’s achievements, advantages and growth prospects.
- A dynamic two-minute marketing video that guides buyers through a virtual site tour and introduces the business’ owners.
- Expertise in evaluating and negotiating offers, including analysis of value, structure, terms, process, quality of buyer and certainty to close.
- Prompt transaction closing within an agreed-upon deal timeframe with formal milestones and deadlines.
- Increased certainty to close through precise evaluation of all aspects of the business, identification of relevant challenges and preparation for effectively navigating the entire process.